We have facilities to assist people with disabilities accessing the hospital. This includes:
- Reserved disabled parking bays in car parks
- Dedicated drop off zone at the front of the hospital for disabled parking. Please ask for assistance from a volunteer if you need to borrow a wheel chair
- Lifts are throughout the hospital for easy transport
- Disabled toilets are located on every floor. Please ask staff if you need further directions.
Pick up and drop off zone
There are 2 minute pick up/drop off areas for patients and visitors in the hospital grounds. They are located:
- In front of the main entrance of the hospital (of Butterfield Street)
- Outside the entry to the Joyce Twedell Building
- The entry to the Mental Health Unit.
People exceeding this two-minute limit may be fined. Parking fines apply for illegal parking in the hospital grounds.
Location: O’Connell Terrace, Bowen Hills
Royal International Convention Centre
Location: 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills
Contact: (07) 3253 3900
Parking around the Herston area and the hospital complex is regulated. There is no parking for visitors on the hospital grounds. Some metered parking in surrounding streets is available.